Savory Breakfast Muffins
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 5.5g
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Protein: 20g
This could seriously be one of the most delicious and simple breakfasts ever. It isn’t just for breakfast, it can be eaten anytime. Breakfast Muffins are super delicious and simple, not to mention portable. You don’t need a knife and fork, or even a plate for these. They’re awesome for busy people who still want to eat a clean, high protein meal.
- Whole Eggs or Egg Whites
- Deli sliced chicken, turkey, or ham (be sure to choose low sodium, watch for nitrates)
- A muffin tin that yields 6 muffins
- Topping of choice (salsa, ketchup, hot sauce, cheese, or chopped veggies like mushrooms, peppers, and onion)
- Ezekiel muffin *optional
- Place a slice of deli meat of choice in your muffin tin.
- Crack an egg into each muffin tin that is lined with your deli meat.
- Add egg whites and if you like any variety of chopped veggies.
- Bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 15-20 minutes. Be sure egg is cooked thoroughly, yolk should be cooked solid, but still soft.
- If you are looking for extra carbs, place on ezekiel muffin or bread of choice.
- Eat and ENJOY!